WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

23 March 2006

Maastricht Review

I love the city of Masstricht in the Netherlands. It's beautiful and very very cool from a history perspective. The river area is gorgeous and has very cool Roman historical sites, which I love.

The downtown market area is also great. Beautiful architecture as well as very cool, hip shops with some very cool design. I strongly recommend it, and I plan to go back in the Summer when the weather is good and you can really enjoy the river and walking around.

From a restaurant perspective, I had one of the best meals I have had in a long time at Les Trois Seaux, a fantastic fish restaurant with amazing food, great wine and a terrific atmosphere. Make a note -- their address is Markt 41 in Masstricht and I highly recommend it.

What I don't recommend is proceeding to a bar after a long dinner during which each attendee probably drank a whole bottle of wine each. Although the beer was good, the people friendly and the company superb, its a bad idea the night before a meeting. Sales guys -- they always being me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home