WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

02 February 2006

More TV

Based on my previous posts on TV, I imagine lots of people will have something to say about this one.

New revelations about British daytime TV

Apparently, Quincy and Kojak (with Telly Savalas, not Ving Rhames) are still alive and well here in the UK

Tyra Banks, who had a talk show that lasted about 4 episodes in the US, is referred to as "the queen of chat" here, and
apparently, she still tapes her shows in the US and exports them here, because it is on every day

I've just looked up and noticed a drama, that appears to be a regular show, about a Canadian Mounty. Does anyone know
what this show is called? Today's episode is about a wolf running around. It appears that the wolf is both the Mounty's pet/regular part of the show, and the focus of this episode's "crisis."

In the interest of full disclosure, by the way, I feel that I need to admit that yesterday, while waiting for the internet engineer to come fix things, I watched entire episodes of both Quantum Leap and Charmed, but only because I was wildly bored, couldn't use my computer, had been watching the news for 2 hours already, and was entirely stressed out about the internet situaion. Really. I swear.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Arie said...

Well, actually, Tyra's show is alive and well here. In fact, it was just renewed for another year. So she's the queen of chat there, and I guess the president of chat here.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger a13xa9dr1a said...

Sorry dude, only canada-related shows i know are Kids in the Hall, Dudley Do Right, Fargo, Due South and Strange Brew. I think Due South was the only one with a mountie in it but he was living in Chicago.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Bubah3000 said...

I think it was Due South. The mountie definitely did not seem to be in Canada!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger a13xa9dr1a said...

Maybe they could call it the Full Mountie since theyre airing it in England. (insert laugh track here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home