WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

20 February 2006

Boycott?



I know, I know -- the cartoon thing is getting old, but I couldn't help but notice that this cartoon ran on the Saudi Arab News site yesterday. Apparently, they are saying that Jewish people chop the ears off other people and collect them.

This is offensive to me. I am planning to boycott Saudi products. Hmmm, since I don't have a car here in London, boycotting gasoline would be an empty gesture. So, I will need to boycott..... ummm, I have no idea. Maybe I'll just send them some paper cups?!

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger a13xa9dr1a said...

So was Van Gogh Jewish? How about Mike Tyson? They were ear takers too. No one makes a cartoon about them. I find this to be entirely offensive on their behalfs. I think Ill get all Van Gogh and Tyson fans together and burn down anything that is not artistic or a violent sport. We will not rest until Mike and Vince are equally represented in cartoondom. They have convictions. They have a point. Dont ask me what it is or Ill burn your house.

The logic is mindblowing. Really.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger a13xa9dr1a said...

Also does the international community wear a lot of tophats? And since when do Jewish people stitch Stars of David on the inner cuff of their suits? I know cartoons are supposed to exaggerate but you cant exaggerate something that isnt. Right? Please dont burn my house.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Bubah3000 said...

We haven't stitched Stars of David on our clothes since the end of World War II, and never do by choice, so yes, it's safe to say that that little detail was wrong wrong wrong. (I do believe, however, that there are a numer of world leaders who are partial to tophats, but I could be wrong...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home