WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

20 February 2006

Back!

Whew! After two+ weeks of business travel, it's nice to be back at home base. I left London on February 3 to spend a weekend at home in Boston before heading to a company meeting in Florida. The surreal nature of spending the next two weeks with coworkers ALL THE TIME was bit much to bear... Although Florida did have some bright spots, including watching my boss dance like the white man he is! We had a company event at some antique car museum (don't ask!) and when the DJ played AC/DC's Back in Black, he MADE me dance with him. It was quite an experience.

From Florida, I spent half a day at home, getting massive amounts of dental work and then hopped a plane for Barcelona, where I once again had "all work all the time". I think I may have gotten myself in a bit of trouble the night I stayed out drinking until 4 am (including helping to empty a colleague's mini bar) before an 8 am meeting. Good thing I'm charming or I might be unemployed.

After the tradeshow ended, my friend Margie joined me in Barcelona. I'm embarrassed to admit that we didn't do much over the weekend other than eat and sleep, but I did manage to buy two fabulous handbags while I was there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home