WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

08 January 2006

Quick "I've Arrived" Post

I made it to London. Quick highlights before I go get some sleep...

My taxi driver was obsessed with my height (no easy discussion to have for 40 minutes when I know how tall I am in feet, not meters... or shall I say metREs) Seriously, he wanted to talk about my height for the WHOLE RIDE -- and I'm not that tall. He even asked if I was "in sport." (Stop laughing, Alex!) His parting words as he was driving away: "Other women must be envious of your height. It looks great on you. Just beautiful!" WTF?

Billboards for American TV Shows on the road b/w Heathrow and London -- Miami Ink and Wife Swap. Are you kidding me? Will have to develop an indeterminate accent so people don't think I'm American, considering that based on these two shows, people will think that everyone in the US is one of the following:
1) an evangelical Christian that home schools their children (and possibly raises llamas)
2) an atheist that parties with their children and lets them run around like wild animals
3) a tattoo artists with a foul mouth
4) the type of person that wants a tattoo of their dead cat, or a complete recreation of The Last Supper tattooed across their back, or a new tattoo to cover up the picture of their ex-boyfriend across their ass

And I have a fashion question. Why is it that Burberry aficionados in the US wear those plaid "country outfits" (sorry Beth!) but in London, the Burberry store has an orange patent leather trench coat in the window? Do they keep all the good stuff for themselves and laugh at Americans wearing the boring stuff they send over to the US?

Off to sleep now. I have to unpack in the morning, and by the way, they have got to be kidding me with the closet in my room. 8 hangers total. Seriously, I'm here for a 3 month minimum and they think I can hang all of my clothes on 8 hangers?! Will need to talk to someone about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home