WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

19 January 2006

The Irony of the Mid East

Within 24 hours, I read two news stories that blow my mind when you look at them together:

Suicide and Sesame Street: New children's TV show brought to you by the letter V, the number 72 and Hamas

Suicide Bomber strikes in central Tel Aviv. May all the victims have a full and speedy recovery from their injuries.

Does anyone else ever just feel TIRED of all this? It's just a bizarro world where the NY Times can un-ironically run these stories two days in a row.

And I wish I could just continue to write about Canadians and Germans, and make Sprocket and David Hasselhoff jokes. But instead, the reality of a very bad situation that isn't getting any better has to intrude. And something tells me that Uncle Hamzi of Hamas/Sesame Street isn't going to make things any better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home