WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

23 January 2006

Email String of the Day

So a group of my friends has been emailing back and forth about coming to London to visit. Convo below (email addresses, etc. changed or obscured so no one gets stalked or decides to sue me). We're so funny, at least in our own minds...

Remember to start at the bottom -- I pasted this in directly from my email account.
________________________________

From: Friend A
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: London calling

I just drink other people's drinks.

----------

From: Friend B
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 2:52 PM
Subject: RE: London calling

I've found cleavage to be highly effective for getting free drinks.
I then eat my "free" dinner of drink garnishes, e.g., olives, orange
slices, marachino cherries. This is why I had to switch from Atkins to South Beach -- love the fruit!

----------

From: Me
Sent: Monday, January 23 2006, 11:57 AM
Subject: RE: London calling

excellent! will purchase and begin executing immediately!
did i mention that there's a waterstone's near my house with a BAR on the top floor? my new favorite place to hang out. books & cocktails. what's better than that?

----------

From: Friend J
Subject: RE: London calling
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:27:08 -0800 (PST)

Oh! I've never heard of that one.. I'll have to read
it. Showing my hippie years, I am familiar with "Steal this book" by Abbie Hoffman... Survive, Fight and Liberate!

----------

From: Friend A
Date: Monday, January 23 2006 2:43 PM
Subject: RE: London calling
Theres an excellent book you should read: Choke by Chuck
Paluhniuk. It's fiction but it involves a freaky couple of dudes who exhaust all the restaurants in the area using various tactics to get out of
paying. Its chock full of great ideas. You can relay your experiences in
in your blog.

----------

From: Me
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: London calling

I like it! Can you give me some tips on getting others to pay for
my dinner at fabulous restaurants in London? Have been considering
the whole "bring a big scary bug to dinner and put it in my food once
I've eaten most of it" thing, but wanted to know if anyone had any
other ideas?!?! Also considered the whole "be charming to random guys to get them to pay," but that seems too taxing.

----------

From: Friend J
Sent: 01/23/2006 10:14
Subject: RE: London calling

I say have Axxx pay for India expenses and get a free washer/dryer on
craigslist.org! I should write my book,"'Hobo's guide to living rich".

----------

From: Friend A
Subject: RE: London calling

I would love to go but Im afraid I have to back out. I need to save
$ for India and I need a new washer and dryer :) So you guys are
really missing out b/c Im doing the REALLY fun stuff. But try to suck it
up and have a good time....

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Alex said...

Listen, if you have to steal booze, I googled the topic. (And am probably now on some government ATF list)

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/columns/column.aspx?aid=879

When guys get free drinks (FUNNY):
http://www.ubersite.com/m/67833

 

Post a Comment

<< Home