WorldGirlRants

I started this blog because I left Boston to live and work in London for a while, and I wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. I'm back now, but still have plenty of opinions on world news, politics, the media and the absolute craziness that comes from dealing with people. Bring it.

24 January 2006

By Popular Demand


So apparently, readers of this blog don't like the "Angry Me" that comments on political issues. (Which is why I won't comment on the slanted BBC coverage of the Palestinian elections which is making my blood boil and causing me to listen to my new
Eurythmics Ultimate Collection CD over and over rather than watch TV.)

My last post, on W and the abortion rally, resulted in a number of emails and IMs accusing me of "depressing people." I don't know what it says about me or my readers that people would rather debate the merits of
Futurama as a cultural icon than discuss world issues, but I am nothing if not responsive. So keeping that in mind, the photo above inaugurates a new feature -- Funny Signs in London. Enjoy! (And feel free to leave a comment suggesting why the proprietors of The Cock Tavern might not want people sitting on the steps. Seriously, there's a lot of material there.)

And I promise not to post any angry political diatribes without a balancing post about something stupid I have done or a funny commentary on people, places or things. OK?

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Alex said...

Could I get pregnant from sitting on Cock stairs? Would I then give birth to a trapdoor? What if I wanted to abort the fetal trapdoor? Would W try and stop this? Would that be a Cockblock?

The pub sign reminds me of when Gwyn was able to order Cock in Greece. Hopefully this link will take you to the pictoral evidence:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=38784989209.88259945409.1138302406613&photoid=44743355409&view=1&page=1&sort_order=0&albumsperpage=12&navfolderid=2005

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous alex said...

You dont depress people. W depresses people. Also, I feel bad, I would probably give birth to babysteps. Not a trapdoor. My bad. I never possessed the maternal instinct.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Gavriel said...

I would like it if you combined the two into a single self-balancing post, that is funny in an angry sort of way, or angry in a funny sort of way.

Are you ready for a link?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home